- 1 head escarole, about 1 1/4 pound, bottom removed, leaves separated and washed thoroughly to remove grit, and chopped into 1.5 inch bits
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces), sliced thin and cut into roughly 1-inch squares
- 1 bell pepper.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Blanch cleaned escarole
- Coat a large (oven safe) pan with olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the prosciutto, and peppers
- After 4 minutes add the garlic
- After 1 more minute add the greens and 1/2 Parmesan and mix thoroughly.
- Cook for 3 - 4 more minutes.
- sprinkle on remaining cheese
- Broil until golden brown and delicious.
Notes from 25 Mar 2018
- The pepper was diced into about 1 cm cubes. They were a bit too big, and there were too many.
- Probably could handle a little bit of acid.