Basic Dahl 1 cup red lentils 2.5 cups water * 1 tsp tumeric ??
- 2 TBSP Ghee
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 inch of ginger finely diced
- 1/2 green chili (using a whole Jalapeno)
- ??? Cilantro, stems removed, sliced
- 1.5 tsp cumin seeds
- Wash Dahl (cover with water, drain a couple of times)
- combine dahl, tumeric, water
- Cook on low - med low uncovered until cooked thoroughly (20 min?)
- complete when 'quite homoginous'
- Incorporate cooked garnish, cilantro, season with salt to taste.
- Bring to a simmer for several minutes. this seems like the time to start rice.
- Bring ghee to temperature over medium heat
- add 1.5 tsp cumin seeds and toast in ghee until fragrant.
- Add ginger, pepper, for a moment ( a couple of seconds)
- Add onion, and saute until slightly browned.
- This is when to add alternative flavors / garnish. Could add tomato, red pepper, other vegetables if desired.