- 2 Large Spaghetti squashes baked and shredded
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 tbsp oil / butter
- 1 large onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 pint pressure cooker tomato sauce
- 1 cup pressure cooker tomato sauce blended to a smooth consistency.
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 8 oz 'fresh' mozzarella cut into small (<1cm) cubes
- Half, and remove the innards of the squash. Add ~1/4 tsp of salt to each half. Roast at 425 for about 40 minutes.
- Chop the mushrooms, and cook over medium heat in 1/4 tsp of water until all of the water has evaporated.
- Add the oil, the onion, and 1/2 tsp of salt and sweat the onion till it has given off a lot of it's moisture.
- Add the ground beef and sausage, increase heat to medium high to high, and brown.
- When the meat is nearly done add the garlic and cook until its raw edge is removed
- Add the tomato sauce, bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top
- Pull the 'strands' from the squash, and squeeze out moisture in a tea towel, then add to the sauce mixture.
- Cover with the mozzarella cheese
- Bake in a 350 oven for half an hour in the middle of the oven
- Broil for ~3 minutes on the highest rack until the cheese is browned.
Originally I used 1 spaghetti squash. It was not enough.