Fat Head Pizza
Similar to: http://www.recipe-diaries.com/2017/02/19/fat-head-pizza-crust/
For the dough:
- 141 gr Mario Gioia fresh mozzarella (recipe: 1.5 cups shredded)
- 84 grams almond flour (recipe: 3/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- .5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a bowl microwave the cream cheese and mozzarella for 1 minute on high
- Microwave for 30 s on high
- Stir in egg and almond flour
- Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and spread dough evenly across the cookie sheet.
- Poke holes in the dough with a fork (note I forgot to do this).
For the topping
- 1 sweet Italian sausage link casing removed
- 3 small cloves garlic
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 8 medium button mushrooms sliced
- Cooking oil (bacon grease, ghee, ...)
- Cook the sweet Italian sausage link until browned in some oil over medium heat. Set aside.
- Add the Mushrooms to the pan (possibly adding more oil). Once they've started to brown add the onions. About a minute before the mushroom / onion stuff is done add the garlic.
For the Pizza
- Prepared fat head pizza crust
- Basil pesto
- Prepared mushroom / onion mixture.
- 190 gr dry mozzarella
- Prepared sausage
- 6 olives sliced
- Bake dough in preheated oven at 425 for 8 minutes
- Top pizza with: (in order) basil pesto (thin layer), mushroom / onion mixture, mozzarella, sausage, and olives
- Bake an additional 4-6 minutes.
Notes from 2018 Jan 04
- Used 150 grams sprouts whole milk (dry) mozzarella for the dough.
- Sausage was .8 lbs
- Mushrooms started as 8 oz, 227 gr after prep maybe
- Used 180 gr sprouts whole milk, and 105 gr Mario Gioia for the topping
- Didn't use olives
- baked dough for 11 minutes
- baked topped pizza for 8 more minutes
- dough still couldn't cover pain, and was too thin in spots.
- added too many toppings this time.
Notes from 2017 Dec 31
- I forgot to poke holes in the crust it bubbled up. I poked holes at about 6 minutes
- I didn't spread the dough thin /evenly enough. It seemed like I didn't have enough to cover the sheet pan, but some spots were very thick.