Original recipe Steps:
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- 24 packets @ 1/2 tsp each (.25 cups) xylitol
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 bar (84 gr ~1/2 cup) panther chocolate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. In your mixer bowl, cream the butter and xylitol together on Medium-Low. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, until smooth.
- Mix in almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips last.
- Scoop out cookies in about 1 1/2" sized balls onto cookie sheet. Flatten each out with your fingers to the thickness you prefer (they will only rise slightly from the baking soda, but won't spread on their own while baking. They need your help.). Move to oven and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool ob baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Notes from 2018 Jan 06
- Baked for 28 minutes
- Made a mistake and used almond meal instead. Need to re-evaluate recipe.
Notes from 2018 Feb 20
- Baked for 20 minutes
- Used almond flour (not meal this time YAY!)